Friday, August 1, 2008

Nursing services for free, anyone?

How are you these days? How's your stint in job hunting? What's new with you?-candid questions asked of me by people I knOw...with a less happy grinn I would reply back to them, "I am ok...still out of luck. No chances of being hired in an institution who is supposed to pay me for the services I render." I continue on by saying, " I've earned two degrees now in order just to become a professional bum!" Sarcastic I may sound but it's the truth here in my country- the beloved PHILIPPINES! I am a registered nurse, duly licensed by the proper government agency. I have earned my degrees in a university that has tuition fees considered substantial in our setting. All believing that once a produce of a known university, I would have the edge in my job hunting.Much to my surprise up until now, majority of my co-alumni care providers have to voluntarily render services to institutions who make big chunks of profit. It's a sad truth for us professional care providers that our situation is a case of exploitation. I just could not reconcile with the idea that a neophyte nurse in order for him to be employed in a private hospital, he has to render voluntary services for no less than 3 months! This is unfair. This is a clear, right on the face INJUSTICE! With much disgust, I'd rather choose to become a bum for the moment than to be used and exploited by these institution who in the first place must give to him what is due his. The time is now for us individuals and as a group of professional care providers to initiate steps in order to curb this unacceptable business practice. Our professional organization has already made a stand on this issue, let us make it sure that it comes to the attention of the agencies concerned. Let us once more try to re-instill the dignity stolen from us so that we can proudly say to all- I AM A REGISTERED NURSE!

2 comments:

Dean and Lee Schroeder said...

wow! applauded man ang blog post! I-voice out mo yan noy, wag lang sa sulat hahahaha

Dean and Lee Schroeder said...

Bongga man ang litanya noy!!! applauded to the highest! i LOve it!!! keep it up noy!

--- Heydz!