Saturday, August 2, 2008

The lucky ones!

Today I had gone through my quest again of pursuing a real job. The university I am from held a mid year alumni home coming with a job fair as one of its highlights. I have prepared my self for the said affair days prior. I have listed out the possible jobs that I think I have more chances of being hired. I end up preparing 4 sets of resume and cover letter. My hopes were on high. This time around I shoved aside my desire to practice my profession as a registered nurse. Instead, I have placed in documentation the qualifications I also gained through my other degree. I was not at all alone in this type of strategy. Some few co-RN's also did such a maneuver, they also have another degree besides nursing. You see, one can never be too complacent nowadays, its detering to think that a single degree can already land someone a job. Its always wise to also earn another degree. There's always a fall back just in case. Happy are we with dual degrees for we can always reroute our scheme in finding jobs!Hehehehe. It's a jungle out there. The labor market is one of the toughest place on earth. The toughest wins...the most qualified gets the job. Going back to my paticipation in the job fair, of the 4 sets of documents I have prepared only 2 sets got into the hands of the participating agency (hiring companies). The remaining 2 were not handed over for reasons I personally don't know. Although I am already used to going through these events, I just could not get over the feeling when the HR manager or the representative calls out for your name cause your already due for the initial interview, one always feel cold, heart pounding fast, thristy and at times even wanting to answer old natures call! It's worst even to recall what has transpired during the interview when your turn is done! Often, I would laugh at my self for coming up with such a reason and stories...I guess I am not the only one with these experiences. The most absurd situation in an interview of all is when the interviewer assumes the "all knowing" role. I just don't get the idea why do they (interviewer) want to relay the notion that they know it all and it does not come close to reality at all. They at times even can not avoid making comments and facial expressions on things said by the applicant which in the first place not at all revolting. Don't they know that its unethical to do such things? Is the table dividing the interviewer and interviewee all that significant and empowering? What's with the damn table? Rationale please...

1 comment:

Dean and Lee Schroeder said...

pwerte man si Nonoy oist! job hunting could be difficult at times, you have to dressed well. groomed well and look good. then at the end of the day, you end up nothing. That's one thing I hate about looking for a job hehehe